Re: Help Desk Software

__/ [Richard Grove] on Friday 14 October 2005 11:21 \__

> Looking for a free php, mysql based helpdesk system.
> Anyone got any good / bad experiences?
>

> Richard Grove

I assume you are not restricted to just the things you have mentioned.

I discussed this (helpdesk Web applications) with a colleague only a couple
of days ago. I have used Kayako eSupport for a while (user's side) and it
has been rather good (apart from HTML-formatted, which I now discover is
not a necessity). It is apparently not free, judging by the company's
homepage.

I know of a free Windows-oriented client and a CGI Request Tracker that I
have used for years as a user. It's not that good though. It's very
rudimentary and old-styled. I imagine it's no longer maintained either (or
that our IT department was too incompetent to ever upgrade).

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "I feed my 3 penguins with electricity and love"
 11:35am  up 49 days 23:49,  3 users,  load average: 0.07, 0.39, 0.43