Re: Help Desk Software

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
__/ [Richard Grove] on Friday 14 October 2005 11:21 \__

Looking for a free php, mysql based helpdesk system.
Anyone got any good / bad experiences?

Richard Grove

I assume you are not restricted to just the things you have mentioned.

I discussed this (helpdesk Web applications) with a colleague only a couple
of days ago. I have used Kayako eSupport for a while (user's side) and it
has been rather good (apart from HTML-formatted, which I now discover is
not a necessity). It is apparently not free, judging by the company's
homepage.

I know of a free Windows-oriented client and a CGI Request Tracker that I
have used for years as a user. It's not that good though. It's very
rudimentary and old-styled. I imagine it's no longer maintained either (or
that our IT department was too incompetent to ever upgrade).

Hope it helps,

Roy

Thanks Roy, but I am looking for a free php / mysql system. Thanks anyway

Richard Grove
www.redeyemedia.co.uk
www.shopmaker.co.uk