Re: Firefox 100% CPU Usage

__/ [Anze] on Monday 17 October 2005 15:41 \__

>> This was Slashdotted minutes ago, but I am not sure how reliable it truly
>> is. No official announcements have yet been made, so it could be crying
>> wolf.
>
> Well, it makes my FF 1.0.6 Linux to hang with 100% CPU usage.
>
> Regards,
>
> Anze

That happens to me too, but the rise to 100% is gradual and I still have
plenty of time to save my work, tabs, and restart Firefox. I think it's a
plug-in collision, but I have never tried to isolate the error by disabling
extensions and taking it for a spin, reaching a conclusion after entire
/days/. It doesn't bother me much either as it only happens once in 5 hours
or so. Other people have reported similar problems, but I think it was in
the GIMP newsgroup that I saw it.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector"
  4:10pm  up 53 days  4:24,  4 users,  load average: 0.07, 0.28, 0.35