Re: Firefox 100% CPU Usage

__/ [Anze] on Monday 17 October 2005 17:22 \__

>>> Well, it makes my FF 1.0.6 Linux to hang with 100% CPU usage.
>>
>> That happens to me too, but the rise to 100% is gradual and I still have
>> plenty of time to save my work, tabs, and restart Firefox. I think it's a
>> plug-in collision, but I have never tried to isolate the error by
>> disabling extensions and taking it for a spin, reaching a conclusion
>> after entire /days/. It doesn't bother me much either as it only happens
>> once in 5 hours or so. Other people have reported similar problems, but I
>> think it was in the GIMP newsgroup that I saw it.
>
> Just to clarify - I was talking about the test-case on the mentioned page.
>
> Regards,
>
> Anze

Oops. I stopped as soon as I realised I was getting an archive from a URL
that does not imply so and conceded that desire to reproduce the bug...
curious folks us *nix users...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Every polar bear is left-handed
  6:10am  up 53 days 18:24,  8 users,  load average: 0.22, 0.36, 0.53