Microsoft Sabotage Linux Adoption

http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/10/18/2036220&tid=109&tid=106

"Outspoken IT consultant John H. Terpstra believes that Microsoft and
electronics manufacturers are working together to hinder the adoption of
Linux on the desktop. In a three part series, he tells a story about how
two guys trying to buy Linux desktops found they were overpriced, and
lacked certain tools. He then describes how Microsoft uses its
considerable resources and the law to create such roadblocks."

http://searchopensource.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid39_gci1134910,00.htm

In the article, I have collected some selected bits that appear to fit with
a recurring theme that we see:

* Laptops whose price is actually lowered because of the inclusion of
Windows (I mentioned this before in the context of Dell, but it is not
only Dell)

* Bundled hardware comes with Windows (READ: gift from Microsoft)

* Companies that refuse to support Linux or provide drivers

* Silence among governments about corruption as in points 1 & 2

Be sure to read all 3 parts. I assure you it is an interesting read.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Spam enchanted evening..."
  3:05am  up 54 days 15:19,  4 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.18, 0.31
      http://iuron.com - next generation of search para