Re: Microsoft Sabotage Linux Adoption

__/ [Paul Hovnanian P.E.] on Wednesday 19 October 2005 04:18 \__

http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/10/18/2036220&tid=109&tid=106

http://searchopensource.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid39_gci1134910,00.htm

>> In the article, I have collected some selected bits that appear to fit
>> with a recurring theme that we see:
>>
>> * Laptops whose price is actually lowered because of the inclusion of
>> Windows (I mentioned this before in the context of Dell, but it is not
>> only Dell)
>
> This by itself is quite interesting. I wonder if this could be the
> foundation for an anti product dumping lawsuit. Giving software away for
> free is (questionably) legal because the marginal cost of one additional
> copy of that s/w approaches zero. But I'd like to se the legal defense
> that it is negative.

Let me phrase this in a simple and easily-digestable form:

  "Money is being spent on making FREE more expensive"

See the self-contradiction? Call it a loophole or call it failure of the
juridical system.

My modest take on the subject...

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    It is no longer uncommon to be uncommon
  6:00am  up 54 days 18:14,  7 users,  load average: 0.62, 0.64, 0.53