Re: prefix role???

  • Subject: Re: prefix role???
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:16:35 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [beromko@xxxxxxxxx] on Monday 24 October 2005 10:35 \__

> Thanks guys,
> hope this will help :)
> Also, if from domain with www preffix google indexed good qty of pages
> - where will they gone then? Just will disappear?
>

> http://www.exactsearcher.com Exact Meta Search | Major Search Engine

Under most circumstances, Google will not tell apart or separate apart
example.org from www.example.org. Yet, due to one among many possible
factors (e.g. old software on crawling boxes), they are sometimes treated as
different pages. Incoming links that are inconsistent do not help either.
You were not the first person to raise this issue and Google even included
an answer/solution in their FAQ, I believe.

You will not have lost any pages by re-directing as John suggested. If
anything, you will have gained. In fact, I have just added such
re-directions to 3 domains, even though I think 'www' is fully deprecated
already.

I might as well point out that this should have a positive impact of traffic
reports that do not omit that triple W 'umbilical cord'.