Re: Praising Dovecot & Ubuntu Breezy!

  • Subject: Re: Praising Dovecot & Ubuntu Breezy!
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:01:44 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.os.linux
__/ [Stephen Chadfield] on Monday 24 October 2005 11:35 \__

> On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Ben Tisdall wrote:
>
>> Ubunutu: Ok, I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but being able to
>> have cutting edge Debian-based GNU/Linux suitable for the desktop out of
>> the box... nice! Definitely recommend any newbies reading this to give it
>> a shot.

Yes, same opinion here. SuSE is a strong distribution, but it is not most
suitable to those crossing over from Windows. In fact, I have installed
Ubuntu on 2 of my boxes because it is such a joy to install and hardware
detection is almost immaculate, even without manual intervention.

> I have also leapt on the Ubuntu bandwagon. I started using Breezy late in
> its RC stage after getting fed up with SuSE's feeble GNOME implementation.
>
> I am now running Ubuntu on my machine and the family computer. Apart from
> a few grumbles from my wife that not being able to learn MS Office will
> ruin the children's education they are all getting along with it quite
> well.

*LOL*

It is the principles that count, so even Open Office 2 would be a sufficient
exercise toward MS Office proficiency.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I regularly SSH to God's brain and reboot"
 11:55am  up 59 days 22:04,  4 users,  load average: 0.09, 0.14, 0.17