Re: quote mark turns into question mark

__/ [TerryD] on Sunday 30 October 2005 19:48 \__

> Hi All,
>
> I can go to a certain website then highlight and copy some text along with
> quotemarks.  I can paste that clipboard contents into a Knode composition
> window and it looks 100% -- just like the original article.  When I post my
> copied material, the quote marks turn into question marks.  Question marks
> in the copied material turn out normal.
>
> Any idea what I need to do to fix this?

I experience the same problem on occasions. I use KNode and I often quote
snippets from articles that are properly viewable in the Web browser. The
'fancy' quotes appear fine (ones where the right-hand and left-hand
quotation marks are distinguishable) until posted and then viewed.

Whether only KNode is unable to render/interpret these, I do not know for
sure, but I suspect not. I suppose that the best thing to do is to remember
to manually change these quotes before posting. These are fine for HTML
encodings and I agree that KNode should not render things in the 'compose'
window if these would not be gracefully accepted by the news servers. It is
somewhat misleading as WYSINWYG.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Computers are useless. They only solve problems"
  5:30am  up 66 days 11:19,  5 users,  load average: 0.27, 0.94, 0.90