Re: Where to add X-No-Archive: Yes ?

  • Subject: Re: Where to add X-No-Archive: Yes ?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 05:43:21 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.linux
__/ [linuxordinateur@xxxxxxxxx] on Monday 31 October 2005 02:10 \__

> Where should I add "X-No-Archives: Yes" beside first line when posting.
> I mostly use Pan beside "google posting thingy", and Knews.

If you have a decent/moedern news reader, you should be able to add custom
X-Headers.  In Knode, for example, this appears under Preferences -> Post-
ing News -> Technical > X-headers -> New...

I  don't think that the contents of message body will have any effect  un-
less  you  use some 'magic' espace character/sequence. Moreover, be  aware
that  many  archivers, in particular those behind Web archives,  will  not
honour  X-No-Archives: Yes. It requires further implementation and is  not
practically enforced by law, I suspect.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "All your archives are (sic) belong to Google"
  5:35am  up 66 days 11:24,  5 users,  load average: 0.93, 0.71, 0.78