Re: Google notifier for OS X arrives

  • Subject: Re: Google notifier for OS X arrives
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 11:53:25 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
__/ [Charles Kooij] on Friday 02 September 2005 11:49 \__

> I don't know whether this is a new thing, but I've just noticed that
> Google has released Google notifier for OS X.
>
> http://toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/index.html
>
> Here's hoping that they'll release all the other goodies that they
> produce for us as well. Google Earth, I'm looking at you.
>
> ck

Yes, it was announced yesterday in their blogs. Worth reading just to get
some overview...

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2005/09/gmail-notifier-for-mac-os-x.html

As for Google Earth, I believe that Google have some reliance on another
company/technology (powered by Keyhole) so Google's cross-'platformity'
might be hindered.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: A dragonfly only lives for one day
 11:50am  up 9 days  0:58,  5 users,  load average: 0.33, 0.42, 0.87