Re: How to Improve this Newsgroup

__/ [Dylan Parry] on Friday 02 September 2005 13:47 \__

> Using a pointed stick and pebbles, Roy Schestowitz scraped:
>
>> In some groups, subscribers would raise any minute problem that they came
>> across and then work cohesively to make one another feel truly supported
>
> That would be CIWAH. Down the corridor, turn left and it's the third
> door on the right. Not that I would say they make newbies particularly
> welcome ;)

That one is pretty dormant if not dead. The topics that still come up in
that NG appear to be more like hiccups than they appear like queries,
opinions or requests for support. Honestly, AWW is still far more lively
and interesting, but it's difficult to set aside the noise.