Re: Friend is interested to learn Linux Sys admin, will it help for his Career?

__/ [Roy Schestowitz] on Sunday 04 September 2005 07:41 \__

__/ [santa19992000@xxxxxxxxx] added without quoting context \__

> Thanks for your valuable unformation, I have one more question, by
> installing Linux on x86 PC, is it easy to learn Linux Sys Admin, also
> is there any peripheral devices needed to learn about complete system
> administration.

More complete and comprehensive practice of system administration involves a
/network/ of computers. Rarely, if ever at all, will a system administrator
handle a bunch of independent machines that are operated in isolation.

A network installation of a Linux distribution is something that gets
learned with experience (I have no such experience). With some fundamental
yet advanced knowledge of Linux you may gain a stepping stone to a job
where someone will gladly demonstrate and train you (or your friend) to
work in a networked environment.

The ability to mount devices is an important one , but nonetheless, as Linux
on the desktop advances, there are further simplifications like hotplugging
and extensive libraries of drivers available as on-line updates or
incorporated into the Linux installation.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue"
  5:35pm  up 11 days  5:46,  3 users,  load average: 0.07, 0.27, 0.33