Re: Linux Signatures

__/ [Jean-David Beyer] on Tuesday 06 September 2005 14:06 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> My latest signature 'revision' was actually inspired by Jean-David. I
>> added my PGP-Key and 'uptime' at the bottom less than a week ago. Now I
>> am reluctant to reboot... *smile*
>>
>> Old signature would have been:
>>
>> Roy S. Schestowitz      | "World ends in five minutes - please log out"
>> http://Schestowitz.com
>>

>> --
>> Roy S. Schestowitz      | "World ends in five minutes - please log out"
>> http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    |     PGP-Key: 74572E8E
>>   1:45pm  up 12 days 23:05,  3 users,  load average: 0.17, 0.06, 0.06
>
> If you are reluctant to reboot, think how I feel!

Thought that already!

> I let this machine run 24/7 except when I need to use a new kernel, when
> the power fails for over an hour (sometimes happens around here) which is
> all my UPS can manage, or when I need to test something like running
> memtest86 (which is why there are only 83 days on here. Linux does stay up
> rather well.

Yes, it does. I can't think of any exceptions, especially now that both
partitions are ReiserFS and nobody forces me to cross over to Ballmer O/S
merely fetch data from the servers.

> Why not put the cute ASCII penguin in too?

*LOL* I was highly tempted, but didn't want to upset you. Some readers might
use news clients that do not display fixed-sized characters, in which case
graphics can appear hideous.

Thanks for the inspiration anyway.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Pentiums melt in your PC, not in your hand"
  8:20am  up 13 days 15:37,  4 users,  load average: 0.51, 0.37, 0.36