Re: Adsense earnings without click-throughs?

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
__/ [www.1-script.com] on Wednesday 07 September 2005 14:48 \__

Paula wrote:

What does it mean if your AdSense report for today lists earnings of
$0.01 each for several pages for which it lists zero clicks? Surely
they are not paying for page impressions, but how does this work?

Surely some AdWords advertisers *are* paying for impressions if they opt to do so. This feature is about three months old. In most cases those are graphic banners that get paid for impressions.

Obviously not a big deal in terms of actual earnings, but it makes you
wonder.

Well, some advertisers think they need to make their image stick to the Web surfer’s mind even if they don't click on the ad.

Another surprising thing, though much less so, is how each click on a
given page may be worth three cents one day and sixty cents another.
The mechanism is obvious, but it's still surprising to see.

On top of that, the CPC normally fluctuate during the day! You will generally find that higher CPC are normally paid in the morning, and then some advertisers "wash out" as the depth of their pocket for the day is reached. That has a two-fold effect: there are fewer ads for your visitors to click on and there's less competition, which lowers the CPC.

How can such image ads that pay per impression be enabled? I am probably
raising a non-brainer here, but I haven't come across the relevant option
in the menus.

Roy

There is a new campaign for adwords that lets you pay cpm or somthing. I tried it out once and quickly wasted $35 in a day.

--
Dustin Davis
Freelance Portal: http://www.nerdlance.com