Re: HP to ship Ubuntu PCs

__/ [Sinister Midget] on Saturday 10 September 2005 10:09 \__

> On 2005-09-10, Arkady Duntov <arkady-duntov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted
> something concerning:
>>     HP's Sean Owen-Jones ... said the company would shortly be releasing
>>     desktop and notebook PCs running Ubuntu Linux. The NX6110 notebook
>>     would be available shortly with Ubuntu and a desktop PC would also be
>>     available.
>
> So, while Dell caters nearly exclusively to a shrinking desktop market,
> HP is moving more and more into the growth area of linux desktops.

I beg to differ. Dell appear to be moving in the same direction albeit
rather slowly. Perhaps their ties and obligations to their "software
department" are rather tight, still. Anyway, here is my take on why Dell
will be the next supporters of Linux if Jobs continues with his silly
refusals < http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/09/10/hp-linux/ >. I
actually posted this only an hour ago and included some recent links from
Slashdot.