Re: Nice free image editor

__/ [Charles Sweeney] on Tuesday 13 September 2005 21:41 \__

> This might be familiar to some, but I only came across it today.
>
> http://www.xnview.com/
>
> It supports 400 image types, and even plays movie clips.  Free for
> personal
> use.  Only 26 E to buy for commercial use.

Don't forget to consider The GIMP, which is absolutely free and admirably
stable. Available for *nix/Mac/Windows.

If 'free Photoshop' is what you are after, go for GIMPShop, which is a fork
of The GIMP that becomes a Photoshop clone.

http://www.gimpshop.net/
     (see screenshots)

Also to consider: Inkspace, which is in earlier stages of development, but
nonethess looks highly promising:

http://www.inkscape.org/
     (see screenshots)

If you ask me, these are the imagine manipulation tools of the future. With
so much powerful software around, which also relies on the GPL (hence
re-use), commercial software is said to be quietly dying.

Good luck,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: Sharks are immune to cancer
  5:50am  up 19 days 22:09,  3 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.41, 0.51