Re: Risize NTFS Partition

__/ [Stephen Chadfield] on Friday 16 September 2005 12:17 \__

>> __/ [linuxnewbie] on Friday 16 September 2005 09:26 \__
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>  The Ubuntu live CD does not contain all needed software. ...
>>

>> True. It is a minimialist one-CD installer, most suitable for a Linux
>> beginner.
>>

>>> ... Specifically
>>> need music  software lmms. For reasons cannot install Ubuntu to
>>> harddisk. Is there a way to partition a harddrive ...
>>

>> You will need third-party (commercial) software to partition your
>> hard-drive without disposing of the existing installation of Windows.
>> Windows does not know (or care about) the fact that other operating
>> systems exist on Earth.
>
> There are free programs which can safely resize XP NTFS partitions:
>
>   http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/mlf/ezaz/ntfsresize.html

Interesting. I'd love to use it in order to shove a second parition onto
some computers (parents come to mind). I am not too fond of the URL
though... linux.rulez... sounds like the hard-drive might end up
deep.fr1ed.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | (S)oftware (U)nd (S)ystem(E)ntwicklung
  1:30pm  up 22 days  1:44,  3 users,  load average: 0.07, 0.21, 0.18