Re: Meaningless Subject Line

> __/ [John Bokma] on Friday 16 September 2005 21:15 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> In fact, I didn't intend to get (or should have gotten) involved in
>>> this thread, but I saw your name and wondered why /you/ found it
>>> reply-worthy.
>>
>> Now and then I get a reply: Thanks, I will do so next time. And
>> indeed, when they post again, suddenly I see a meaningful subject :-)
>> Some people are really new *and* willing to learn.
>
> True. I was too harsh. Again I will point out that you can never
> change the habit of millions.

Hmmm... let me see, I am on Usenet since 1992 or so, and hmmm..

> Some people only post once and
> disappear.

Yup, and then it rarely matters what they do. But don't forget, there are
lurkers. If they see that someone is advised to pick a better subject, they
might notice that as well.

> Others are very much absorbed by UseNet. The ones who post
> just once are often those who need assistance more than others. I wish
> they expressed their problem, however, in more than 2 lines (or a
> subject line with void body).

Yup.

--
John                       Perl SEO tools: http://johnbokma.com/perl/