Re: Palm Desktop for Linux

__/ [Roger] on Sunday 18 September 2005 16:21 \__

>>> Thanks Roger. If you have any pointers to HOWTO's, I'd greatly
>>> appreciate it. All I can find is a scatter of forums, wherein people
>>> often brag about getting it to work rather than saying how it got done,
>>> step-by-step that is.
>>>

> There's a HOWTO here:
> http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/PalmOS-HOWTO.html
>
> It looks pretty good. More or less the way I installed my Palm.
>

> -Roger

Thank you very much, Roger. In the mean time, I have wiped the Mandriva
installation (it had a few bugs that put me off) and installed Ubuntu
instead. JPilot is incorporated into the base of Ubuntu and there is a
step-by-step wizard too. I still have that same difficulty mounting the USB
device, so I will have a look at the HOWTO shortly.

Thanks again,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | $> sudo root; cd /; rm -rf *.doc
  5:50am  up 24 days 18:04,  5 users,  load average: 0.41, 0.54, 0.64