Re: Are Google stupid? (new trademark policy)

__/ [Mike] on Tuesday 20 September 2005 07:15 \__

> The ad which I have been running for years, and which I pay around $250
> for every month, was "disapproved" yesterday, because it violates with
> their new trademark policy (oh yeah).
>
> Why? I used the word "Mac" in my ad. The last row in the text goes like
> this:
>
> For Windows and Mac OS X.
>
> I cannot use the word Mac but obviously they have no problems with the
> word Windows.
>
> How stupid are they? Are they going to reject all ads for Mac related
> equipment and software?
>
> Mike

Intersting. Do they say why the word "Mac" is forbidden? For all I know,
many Google employees would have iBooks running Jaguar or Tiger.

Was there a possible misunderstanding?

Roy S. Schestowitz      | United States: #1 in spam export
 10:05am  up 25 days 22:19,  4 users,  load average: 0.29, 0.30, 0.25