Re: Subdomains and SEO

__/ [Anthony Wieser] on Tuesday 20 September 2005 09:00 \__

> : Remember that subdomains might be difficult to maintain in the long run,
> but
> : they also offer some gains. Also, it is better, in my humble opinion, to
> : have one high-status site than to have content distributed. If you don't
> : believe me, wonder why microsoft.com and ibm.com, as big as they may be,
> : still stick to one domain. (exceptions like Windows Update spring to
> mind).
> :
> :
> : Roy
> :
>
> They don't!
>
> msdn.microsoft.com
> technet.microsoft.com
> office.microsoft.com
>
> all spring to mind.

Quite immediately after I had posted the message I realised that I said
"subdomains" when I actually meant to say "domains". I often think of
subdomains as potential domains.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Black holes are where God is divided by zero"
 10:00am  up 25 days 22:14,  4 users,  load average: 1.20, 0.43, 0.27