Re: Gimp causes 100% processor load

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

__/ [Jim Sabatke] on Tuesday 20 September 2005 17:00 \__

Your Firefox problem is probably due to memory leaks, which the Mozilla
team has been trying to kill for years.  I have the same problem and I
don't use many plugins.

I would have to doubt it. I always have my system monitor at the top and jusdging by the memory bar, there is no leak. No memory appears to have leaked in nearly a month of uptime with heavy Firefox use.

I have noticed that my machines with 256 MB memory (SuSE 9.0) have the firefox slowdown problem after 2-3 days of heavy use. My machines with more memory don't seem to have the same problem.

I'm wondering if others have seen this.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I'm following another comment and it is memory use related.

Jim