Re: Another XGL Video: Holy Moses!

Roy Schestowitz blithely blithered
> __/ [ Handover Phist ] on Saturday 01 April 2006 01:38 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz blithely blithered
>>> http://www.youtube.com/v/-CgqWlX_GsI (Streaming Flash)
>>>
>>> This videos makes OS X and Vista look like they have some catching up to
>>> do.
>>
>> Oh man that is sweeeeeeet!
>
> Try the AVI. It is far clearer, albeit almost 60 MB in size. Oddly enough, a
> friend of mine who has been using Linux for many years didn't even know
> about XGL, until now. People must be told /and/ shown this! It's the only
> way to embarrass OS X and Windows and make people realise that Linux is well
> ahead, *even* in terms of /presentation/, which to many is perceived as the
> weak spot of GNU/Linux. Many still believe it's command-line-based.

I've shown it to a couple of my gamer friends who know Linux exists, but
mainly use Windows anyways. The response so far has been gaping mouths
and "Holy crap!". I love seeing it when people see what can be done with
a computer for the first time.

--
Utility is when you have one telephone, luxury is when you have two,
opulence is when you have three -- and paradise is when you have none.