Re: Tooltip texts no longer appear :'-(

  • Subject: Re: Tooltip texts no longer appear :'-(
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 20:50:17 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
__/ [ J.O. Aho ] on Sunday 02 April 2006 20:43 \__

> Martin Lipocky wrote:

>>> Have you tried:
>>> Control Centre => Desktop => Panels => Appearance => Show Tooltips
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>

>> Yes, I have. No effect. :'-(
>
> Lucky you, I have tried to disable all tooltips, both globals and
> application, but no, they keep on popping up all the time when pointing at
> something.

Give yours to Martin then. *smile* Exchange some yellow balloons. Look at the
bright side of it all: nothing is worth than Clippy for contextual help.

Here in KDE 3.1, I sometimes have the tooltips show up fine, but on then
wrong monitor at the appropriate coordinates. Sometimes, objects do not even
(dis)appear when they should. My KDE 3.4 station is much 'cleaner', so which
version of KDE are you on?

Best wishes,