Re: Site dropped to PR4

__/ [ Paul B ] on Sunday 02 April 2006 19:06 \__

> On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 18:58:31 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>__/ [ Paul B ] on Sunday 02 April 2006 13:39 \__

>>> <snip>

>>> I tried McDAr, but wasn't showing PR at all

>>> plh
>>> Paul
>>
>>I noticed the same. Very odd all around. This morning, as I was travelling
>>from one site to another, I noticed some oddities -- some radical, some
>>less radical. I also think that I discovered the reason for the decrease in
>>the number of referrals in my main site, so I contacted Google.
>
> Let me know if they come back with any news.

Will do.

It's actually related to Google Video in my case. They crashed the browser of
my blog visiotors and then plonked the blog subsection on the face of it. I
sent them a cocky reinclusion request (appended below), in case my guess was
correct (a light lit atop my head at the gym as it all began 8 days ago).

> Still on a PR4 here. Cleared cached - even rebooted. Same :(

If traffic is unaffected (e.g. you are positioned at PR 4.9), why mind? That
'trophy figure' at the front page is invisible or misunderstood by so many
and it is only *us* who actually mind it. Hey! Cheer up. Flavell has PR8 on
his HTML experimental homepage from the mid-nineties! *smile*

>>Best wishes,
>>
>>Roy
>
> plh
> Paul

HTH,

Roy

=============================
Appendage

http://www.schestowitz.com/Weblog/

I am very apologetic, confused, worried and distressed at the moment. My site
has been penalised and the PageRank dropped to zero.

8 days ago, I innocently embedded a Google Video in my blog, having seen
several others blogs do the same thing (at least 4 of them). What I did not
realise was that, despite the visibility of the Google logo, this was a
serious offence. All these years I have criticised those who dishonour fair
use, but truthfully I was the victim of my own ignorance. My ranks at Google
have dropped ever since this penalty was put in place, even though I removed
the embedment that caused this and also apologised in public. That was
around 7 days ago.

I am begging you to please life this ban if possible. I have defended Google
for many years and ironically I became a victim, for which I am to blame.
< snip />

Many thanks in advance and many apologies for my mistake,

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | LINUX - (L)ove (I)s (N)ever (U)tterly eXPensive
  8:35pm  up 25 days 10:18,  10 users,  load average: 0.85, 0.94, 0.88