Re: [News] Microsoft Virtual Server to Support Linux

__/ [ Roy Culley ] on Monday 03 April 2006 12:50 \__

http://news.com.com/2100-7346_3-6056683.html?part=rss&tag=6056683&subj=news

>>> I'm sure Connectix supported Linux at the time MS bought them. Then MS
>>> dropped Linux support. Seems pressure from their customers has forced
>>> MS to support Linux again. I'll bet it will run dog slow though
>>> knowing MS.
>>
>> If it works at all, I'd bet on some future sabotage ploy.
>
> That's why I said slow. For Linux to not run at all would clearly be
> MS's fault. For it to run slow would give the impression Linux is
> slow. Not that I'd ever believe MS would stoop so low. :-)

If Microsoft server are ever to be purchased, they must support another O/S,
which is becoming very prevalent. Think of it as Microsoft adaptation to a
change -- a trend if you like. They transform into a server vendor and are
forced to support what is out there and becomes very commonplace. I saw this
story in other news sources as well, so it's for certain.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Ballmer O/S - so furious it may crash
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  1:40pm  up 26 days  3:23,  10 users,  load average: 1.76, 1.31, 1.20