Re: [News] Open Source Offers Security Advantage

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Open Source For Perimeter Security
>
> http://www.it-observer.com/articles/1097/open_source_perimeter_security/

Thats true, but it has always given a most perculiar feeling when you put
your code out on public display. Even the old ten line things they used to
pay you ten pounds fro in the magazines.

We all give excuses saying things like 'This is a simplified script...' when
really we know its the very script we have used for years. Or 'I have taken
the code as far as I can without knowing how you intend using it...'.

In the end its like doing a moony out the bus window to Sunderland football
club supporters, your never quite certain if they are skid marks.

So before you put code onto the likes of sourceforge you go through it with
a fine toothed comb, any excess lines in there, any lines that are over
crowded, have you commented enough or too much, have you remembered to take
the header block off the .h files that makes it obvious you nicked this bit
of code off another protect.

Only joking man, I absolutely never steal code.

Goodness I hadn't noticed before just how long my nose is.