Re: Site dropped to PR4

__/ [ Paul B ] on Monday 03 April 2006 21:25 \__

> On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 20:34:13 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>__/ [ Paul B ] on Monday 03 April 2006 19:21 \__

>>> <snip>

>>> Still showing PR4 today too :(
>>> Nothing on webmasterworld, and I see other sites that have reverted to
>>> their old PR values. Can't get results from McDar either. :/

Apart from this newsgroup, you may want to keep on eye on the following RSS
feeds:

* http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&q=search+engine&ie=UTF-8&output=rss

* http://news.search.yahoo.com/news/rss?p=search+engine&ei=UTF-8&fl=0&x=wrt

* http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/type/googleseo/feed/

* http://google.blogspace.com/index.xml

* http://googleblog.blogspot.com/atom.xml

You can use Firefox Live Bookmarks if you are new to feeds.

I don't know about WMW, but I thought about them before. When this groups
does not raise ongoing issue, WMW (with "googleguy") might be the place to
be.

>>I think that what you need is Mc*Bar*, not McDar. Grab a beer and forget
>>about this figure, which is only visible on that one particular page to a
>>small minority of surfers who actually mind the gauges. My site had a
>>higher PageRank 12 months ago when the number of inbound link was roughly
>>10 times less. That comes to prove something.
>
> Yes, but one of the points I am making is that the update has finished
> for some time now - or so I thought. So, to see it, and other sites
> revert back to pre-update leads me to think that there are problems at
> Google.

You don't say??? *smile*

>> <snip />

Ironically, your computer/ISP/datacentre seems to like your site less than
anybody else...

        http://www.schestowitz.com/temp/sites/firstpeople.jpg

Maybe your computer begs for a cuddle...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Previous signature has been conceded
  9:35pm  up 26 days 11:18,  8 users,  load average: 0.77, 0.79, 0.82