Re: [News] Microsoft Broke Antitrust Laws

__/ [ Handover Phist ] on Friday 28 April 2006 16:08 \__

> Roy Schestowitz :
>> Microsoft 'double locked market'
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Microsoft broke antitrust laws by preventing rivals from entering two
>>| key computer markets, an EU lawyer said at the final day of a court
>>| case.
>>|
>>| [...]
>>|
>>| Firstly, by using its dominance in the market for personal computers,
>>| Microsoft secured 60% of the market for group servers, the key way
>>| office computers communicate.
>>|
>>| Secondly, Microsoft stopped giving other firms the information they
>>| needed to make their servers compatible with Microsoft's windows
>>| operating system.
>> `----
>>
>>                         http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4953682.stm
>
> This is news? MS has been bending people over for two decades!

It was more of a key quote from the article. I thought about nesting the
subject line in between double quotes, but changed my mind. Wasn't Microsoft
declared an illegal/convicted monopoly back in 1999 or 2001? I believe the
context was Netscape Navigator.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Roughly 2% of your keyboard is O/S-specific
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  4:10pm  up  23:15,  13 users,  load average: 0.34, 0.56, 0.65