Re: Antitrust Case: USA vs. Microsoft

begin  oe_protect.scr
Cyberwasteland <brainfamine@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:

> Mark Kent wrote:
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> > __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 01 August 2006 03:09 \__

>> > Laughable--it sure is. Microsoft is laughing all the way to the bank (and
>> > courtroom). Look how they have just pulled a fast one to postpone the EU's
>> > fine.
>> >

>> I remain unconvinced that they'll ever pay anything for their illegal
>> activities.  They see themselves as outside the law.
>>
>> --
>> | Mark Kent   --   mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk  |
>> There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear.
>> 		-- 1 John 4:18
>
> ...aaaaaannnnnnd... que the Microsoft sock puppet mouthpiece!!...
> good...
> ---make sure he uses the word "innovate"...
> good... good...
>
> "Kowalski!! Do a lookup and find the last product Microsoft
> innovated!!"
>
> "Yes sir!! *tap* *tap*  *tap* *tap*  *tap* *tap* *click!* *tap* *tap*
> *tap* *tap* *click!* SIR!! Apparently Microsoft's most recent
> innovation was a collection of tools they call Winternals for
> monitoring and... oh, wait. They purchased that. Hang on... OK, here's
> one. Microsoft innovated collaboration software for the "virtual
> office" and called it Groove... oh... wait. They bought that too."
>
> Two days later.
>
> "Here's one they call Onfolio... *sigh* nevermind. Well, we know for a
> fact that Microsoft innovated their own anti-virus software. It's right
> here under the project named Giant Company Software - shit! Forget it!
> That's another name of a company they bought!"
>
> Microsoft - innovation by monopoly.

Quite... it's not up to Microsoft to determine the laws of the EU, but
it /is/ up to Microsoft to respect the laws of the EU if it wishes to
trade here, like everyone else has to.

Whilst it's clear that they've been able to corrupt the US system,
hopefully, this won't happen here, but as I said above, I can't actually
see them ever paying.  I think they'll fold before they pay a penny to
anyone.