Re: Torvalds lambasts Free Software Foundation

  • Subject: Re: Torvalds lambasts Free Software Foundation
  • From: Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 10:28:22 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 01 August 2006 08:22 \__
>
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> George Ellison (undercover) <notamisfit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>>>

>>> Mark Kent wrote:
>>>
>>><snip>

>>> He was fairly eloquent throughout most of the debate except for the
>>> first post. He's like Theo de Raadt in that respect: if he's got
>>> something to say, he _says_ it, and fragile egos are more than free to
>>> take cover.
>>
>> We can all state things abusively - that's easy.
>
> It's easier to kfile. Right, Mark? *smile*

My previous method was to remove all the abuse and reply to whatever
content was left;  unfortunately, in many cases, the abuse is so
fundamental to the response that there's nothing left.  If you look back
at, for example, most of yttrx's posts, you'll see there's little left
when you remove the abuse.  Similarly, if you look back at when I was
trying to discuss the BSD/GPL licences with Kelsey, the same thing -
none of my points were ever responded to - they were generally snipped,
and in their place just a stack of abuse.  This isn't debate, this is
handbags at 20 paces...

I give rope to those I've respect for - hence the time I put into trying
to discuss with Kelsey, but in the end, if I'm just going to be abused,
it's a waste of my time, so into the kfile they go.

With those who are clearly trolling, then the decision doesn't take
long.  If you look at Hadron Quark's thread before he claimed to kfile
me, you'll see he asked a question, I answered comprehensively, he
removed the answer and posted some abuse, I snipped it and tried again,
he removed the answer, posted some abuse, and then claimed to kfile.
This is just trolling - there's no intention to discuss anything.  Of
course, he appears to be an off-topic poster, anyway, as does yttrx.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear.
		-- 1 John 4:18