Re: [News] Microsoft's Security Guru Jumps Ship

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 03 August 2006 13:38 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> Bob Hauck <postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:18:29 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch
>><erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> The simple fact is, Amazon used to be great.  You'd order a book, and
>>> within a few days it was delivered to your door, now it takes weeks
>>> and months to get them.
>>
>> Maybe they just don't like you.  I ordered two books from them last
>> month and they arrived before the promised date.  My wife orders from
>> them all the time and I haven't heard any complaints.
>>
>> The book business is tough.  Most profit comes from a few big sellers,
>> so profit can go up and down dramtically just because of luck.  Maybe
>> that's why their profits went down.
>>

> Amazon seem pretty good here;  their prices are by and large better than
> the high-street, and their delivery is good.

http://photomatt.net/2006/06/28/amazon-grocery/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomatt/194153573/

Comment snippet:

* So, the bigger question is: what are you going to use now? :)

* Duh: well, first he's going to print this email out...