Re: [News] LA Times on the $100 Laptop

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Monday 07 August 2006 03:19 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Recent photos of the laptop with Fedora Core 5/Sugar at:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/pete/sets/72057594143224765/
>
> I guess I'll have to buy one of these for testing build targets,
> although it seems easy enough to run under QEMU:
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Build_images#Images_in_QEMU

How about this one?

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar

As well as:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_with_sugar-jhbuild

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_on_Fedora_Core_5

,----[ Command ]
`----

> Hmmm, I wonder if I'll get a discount for being a maintainer?
>
> Just kidding :)

I have got to try Fedora on my own machines. While I use it on the CS
cluster, I just can't say that I like the looks of it. They need to rework
the icons, in my humble opinion.

http://www.kde-look.org/content/preview.php?preview=1&id=35369&file1=35369-1.png&file2=35369-2.png&file3=&name=Black+Fedora+Kbfx+button
http://www.kde-look.org/content/preview.php?preview=1&id=36982&file1=36982-1.jpg&file2=&file3=&name=Fedora+Core+5+screenshot

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Real E-mail -> Harvest -> Fraud -> Spammers profit
Tasks: 123 total,   2 running, 119 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie