Re: [News] Microsoft to Jeopardise Privacy for Improved Search

On Tuesday 08 August 2006 00:57 Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Microsoft: User Behavior as Key to Improving Search Results
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | At this week's SIGIR information-retrieval powwow, Microsoft researchers
> | will present new findings on how search result accuracy can be improved
> | by analyzing user click-through and browsing data.
> `----
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ezeey (microsoft-watch.com)
>
> I also read somewhere that Internet Explorer 7 is spyware. It apparently
> sends to Redmond the trail of the page one visits. These are some serious
> offences.

Yep - probably true.
It will not worry MS too much in the near term though, will it?  Their major
(initial) market for IE7 is presumably the U.S., and in the U.S. it's not
so much a case of MS being /above/ the law, but rather MS /writing/ the
law.
None of this commie E.U. stuff there - if MS says jump, they jump, mate!