Re: Lotus Agenda Revived, Goes Open Source

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Kapor estimates there are as many as a few thousand active Agenda
> | users, although he personally has stopped using the program because of
> | its age and lack of updates. Currently, in addition to his open source
> | calendar, he uses text documents with programmed-in macros to
> | track information -- and he eagerly awaits the first full release
> | of Chandler.
> `----
>
>         http://wired.com/news/technology/0,71501-0.html?tw=wn_index_1
>
> An alpha is available (for Linux too):
>
> http://chandler.osafoundation.org/
>
> There's also Sunbird:
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird/index.html
>
> Or the calendar extension for Thunderbird, among many others.

I have been waiting for Chandler for years. Doesn't look like it's
coming out any time soon, nor that it seems to have compelling
advantage over what's out there now. Sunbird doesn't sync with Palm. It
seems Evolution is the best there is right now. I like how it has the
same interface as Planner.

Has anyone worked with Remind/Wyrd? What's it like compared to
Evolution?

I've also been wondering about vim/emacs. They seem to have calendars
and outliners, is anyone using those?