Re: MSN.com doesn't work with Firefox?

  • Subject: Re: MSN.com doesn't work with Firefox?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 01:49:56 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ B Gruff ] on Tuesday 08 August 2006 01:17 \__

> On Tuesday 08 August 2006 00:58 [H]omer wrote:
>
>> .oO[x] wrote:
>>> I ended up on MSN.com today and tried middle-clicking on links in Firefox
>>> (on Ubuntu Dapper) to open links in new tabs.  It used to work, but now
>>> it doesnt.
>>>
>>> It also used to work on Hotmail, but Microsoft changed all the links to
>>> JavaScript in a way that broke middle-click (or Ctrl-click) on Firefox.
>>>
>>> Is anyone else having the same problem on MSN.com?
>>
>> Just MS trying to be clever.
>>
>> "if (firefox)
>> {
>> var s = document.createElement("script");
>>
> s.setAttribute("src",http://stj.msn.com/br/hp/framework/1/AtlasCompat.js";);
>> document.getElementById("AtlasCompat").appendChild(s);
>> }"
>
> I thought that you were joking, so I checked that - and I apologise!

It's not the first time that Microsoft pulls that sort of 'monkey business'
with Firefox...

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/03/23/ie_ban/

See the first two screenshots. The develops must have thought it would be
funny to have a runaway menu for Firefox users.

Also see:

http://www.digg.com/design/Even_Microsoft_Designers_Have_Problem_with_IE

I am linking to a blurb because the stylesheet has been changed since.