Re: Windows Vista Backward Compatible with BSoD

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> http://www.geek24.com/g/funny-picture-of-the-day-microsoft-windows-vista-is-backwards-compatible-with-blue-screen-of-death
>
> Voice recognition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y_Jp6PxsSQ
>
> And it's showtime! http://youtube.com/watch?v=UjZQGRATlwA

Yes it's true:  Vista *beta* 2 is very buggy.

I used it and re-installed XP, just couldn't stand all of the bugs in
it.

Microsoft should not have released it in that form.

However, that being said, build 5472 is *much* *much* better in every
area than beta2 was.  It is now my common work machine - it's that much
better.  5472 should have been beta2, but oh well - not my choice :D

Having used beta2 for only a couple weeks, I can't really comment on
its reliability.  However, I never had a system crash or a BSOD.  I
have heard from many people though that installing Nvidia or ATI beta2
drivers really made the system unstable - not sure if it is true or
not.  I didn't have any crashes.  But like I said, too many bugs to be
useful.

Build 5472 is so far improved though - looking forward to RC1.