Re: Phishing Sites and Domain Grab - A New Trend?

> __/ [ T.J. ] on Thursday 10 August 2006 02:32 \__
>

>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> __/ [ T.J. ] on Wednesday 09 August 2006 16:35 \__

> http://www.resourceshelf.com/2006/08/07/steady-stream-of-domain-names-continue-to-transfer-to-google/

>>> Mistyped addresses? Or alternation of names that beats spam filters? A
>>> lot
>>> of
>>> spam capitalises on human error, negligence, and trust.
>>>
>> No, google spamming for typos
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&&q=mobilw+phone
>
> Aha! Reminds me of an old thread in AISE:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.internet.search-engines/browse_frm/thread/afdff695286c3992/68af86c931f54c13?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1#68af86c931f54c13
>
> Can't believe it's over a year old already...

This isn't just your normal typos
try 5 or 6 searches with different typos in, and you will
see the same sites listed over again.
They have millions of pages appearing in the serps on
sites that are just a few weeks old.
Apparently it could be the same people who spammed
google with billions of pages last month.
On a side issue, TalkTalk supposedly correct obvious
typos in URL's and send people to the right site via
affiliate links.

--
T.J.
http://www.uksmallbusinessdirectory.co.uk