Re: Richard Stallman Looking for a Girlfriend

__/ [ casioculture@xxxxxxxxx ] on Sunday 13 August 2006 22:51 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> http://stallman.org/extra/personal.html
>>
>> Pretty interesting/amusing.
>>
>> Context:
>>
>> Becoming a free software developer, part I: Why am I not a free software
>> developer?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | With all of the recent argument over the lack of women in the free
>> | software community, especially as relates to the reports from
>> | the Free/Libre/Open Source Software Group, which state that only 1.5%
>> | of the free software development community is female, and that women
>> | are actively discouraged from becoming free software developers. Id
>> | ecided to take a new approach and ask myself, "Why am I not a free
>> | software developer?"
>> `----
>>
>>                         http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/node/1714
>
> Well good luck to him. I don't think many woman would be checking out
> his website and finding that personal. I don't think many women even
> know who he is. I was about to say he'd increase his chances if he got
> a shave and an exercise mat, ball and book, but perhaps hippy women do
> like that teddy bear look.

...Sorry to stray off to personal territories, but one might wonder if
Stallman is *gasp* a virgin. Either way, I believe that his opinionated
opinions (yes, "opinion" twice) will make it hard for him to find a
girlfriend... unless they connected on an intellectual/spiritual/ideological
level and the mental overlap was flawless. But don't get me wrong. I
appreciate Stallman's work /enormously/. Where would we be without the FSF?
What would the choice be when it comes to PC's? Solaris/Mac/Windows? Sun
appears to be the most benevolent, but it's not ideal for a home user. Not
sure how BSD would fit in, but it needs FOSS (e.g. GNOME desktop) to make it
viable.