Re: Free "Powered by Ubuntu Linux" Stickers

__/ [ George Ellison (undercover) ] on Sunday 13 August 2006 06:04 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Show your Ubuntu pride !!
>> FREE strip of four 'powered by Ubuntu' stickers
>>
>> ,----[ How? ]
>> | Send a self addressed stamped envelope to:
>> |
>> | System76, Inc. (Free Sticker)
>> | 875 S. Colorado Blvd. #765
>> | Denver, Colorado 80246
>> `----
>>
>>         http://www.system76.com/index.php/cPath/53_64
>
> Do they have 'really powered by Debian' in the fine print?

Good point. There was some friction between Canonical and Debian recently.
And a couple of days ago I read the folloing popular page:

http://techanchor.blogspot.com/2006/08/ubuntu-vs-debian-what-canonical-doesnt.html

         Ubuntu vs. Debian: What Canonical Doesn't Want You To Know

The previous post was this:

STFU Ubuntu Users!!!

,----[ Snippet ]
| Ubtuntu Linux is one distro. Its leading on distrowatch. That doesn't
| mean its the freaking embodiment of the open source movement. I have
| used Ubuntu. It is a fine OS. It's actually a very good OS.
`----

Many can relate to these words.