Re: What Microsoft has that Linux doesn't

  • Subject: Re: What Microsoft has that Linux doesn't
  • From: Penguiniator <no-way@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 10:29:32 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Tim Smith wrote:

> In article <1364163.z3l8CfCdVN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Roy
> Schestowitz wrote:
>> How many vendors do you know who sell machines with Linux
>> preinstalled? I know a few that give you a blank hard-drive
>> and some Linux CD's. This still
>
> So, why aren't there more vendors selling pre-installed Linux?
> Yes, I know the usual excuse: Microsoft won't let them.

Have a look at this article on DesktopLinux.com:

"On August 4th, we found out that Lenovo Group, the company that
has taken over IBM's Personal Computing Division, had made a
deal with Novell Inc. to preload SLED 10 (SUSE Linux Enterprise
Desktop) on its ThinkPad T60p mobile workstation."

That's a major brand preloading Linux.
--
regards