Re: US Government demands users plug MS flaws

  • Subject: Re: US Government demands users plug MS flaws
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 17:00:03 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Beve Stallmer ] on Saturday 12 August 2006 16:38 \__

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060811/tc_afp/usitinternetattacks_060811120323

>> I read the article. I did not see any demand, only a suggestion, which is
>> a good one if you happen to persist with MS on your home computer.

A suggestion could be made to consider altenative platforms, rather than to
patch (or a combination thereof). It is evident that this patch Tuesday
won't be the last which includes critical updates.

> "However, it was unusual for the US government's anti-terrorism
> department to call on the public to seal a crack in Windows before
> attackers broke in."
>
> I can't believe everyone is falling for this.

Me neither.