Re: US Government demands users plug MS flaws

__/ [ John Bailo, Texeme.Construct ] on Saturday 12 August 2006 17:07 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ Beve Stallmer ] on Saturday 12 August 2006 16:38 \__
>>

>> > I can't believe everyone is falling for this.
>>

>> Me neither.
>
> In some sense having the rest of the world run Windows makes it safe
> for democracy...as long as our military uses Linux.
>
> Reason: the terrorists computers will always be permeable and insecure
> making it easier for us to spy on them.

Terrorists are said to use Open Source, as much as I would hate to admit
that. But in a more benign context, it simply means that Linux offers
privacy, which is honoured. SSH/SCP/PGP/GPG/SFTP, for example, are the Swiss
army knife for communication that is made safe and discreet. It's
technologies like that which the US military does not want you to have. But
it's a necessity to its own framework...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Vista: as the reputation of "Longhorn" was mucked
  5:05pm  up 23 days  5:20,  7 users,  load average: 0.67, 0.48, 0.49