Re: What Is The Script Code Where Website Shows Search Engine Keyword Typed?

  • Subject: Re: What Is The Script Code Where Website Shows Search Engine Keyword Typed?
  • From: Big Bill <kruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 22:00:33 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 21:39:30 GMT, David
<seodave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 08:33:14 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
><newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Your   question   is   not  too  clear  (though   maybe   my
>>understanding  is just lacking). I think the answer you  are
>>after  lies  in the fact that sites get a boost  for  search
>>phrases  if  the  text  pointing to them (and  text  in  the
>>vicinity  of inbound links) contains or resembles the search
>>phrase. So, to exemplify, if 1000 people linked to your site
>>from  sites  about  lizards, your position  for  the  phrase
>>'lizard'  would  improve, regardless of the content of  your
>>Web site. Try searching for 'miserable failure' in Google.
>>
>>Best wishes,
>>
>>Roy
>
>That's not quite true Roy, the sites don't have to be related at all,
>all that needs to be related is the anchor text (nothing else).
>
>So if 1,000 quality sites linked to your page about lizards using the
>anchor text Lizards there's a very good chance your page would do well
>for the Lizards SERPs even if your page had nothing to do with lizards
>and the Miserable Failure SERP is a good example of this.

Very true. Why would they, though? Why would 1,000 quality sites link
to your page using anchor text, the same or similar anchor text mind
you, that had no relation to the content of the page? If they did,
would they not automatically lessen the quality of the sites
themselves so that, in fact, they'd no longer actually be quality
sites any more?

>It might be true having related content helps, but you need the anchor
>text mostly and can do without the related content.

True, of course it's true, but why would you get the anchor text if
you didn't have the content? You, ah, seem to have overlooked that
aspect.

>My guess would be relatedness of content from the linked pages will
>become a much bigger factor in the future though. Google etc... must
>want that as a significant part of their algos bad!

Not on the strength of anything you've said today. Or, er, ever,
thinking about it.

BB
--
http://www.here-be-posters.co.uk/marilyn-monroe-pictures.htm