Re: [News] Microsoft Uses Telecom to Promote Its Web Services

begin  oe_protect.scr
> Verizon to offer more Microsoft services
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Verizon Communications Inc. on Tuesday said it expanded an agreement
>| with Microsoft Corp. to start offering the software makers Windows Live
>| services to its high speed Internet customers.
>|
>| Verizon's Internet customers will have access to a jointly branded
>| search page, a Windows Live toolbar and e-mail services from Microsoft.
> `----
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060829/wr_nm/telecoms_verizon_microsoft_dc
>
> Doesn't seem like the customer gets any choice.

Oh, I'm sure they will;  I can't imagine that Verizon will care very
much if the average user actually googles for things, rather than tries
to mess around with Microsoft's attempts at searching.  Of course, a
"live toolbar" could give you something to do whilst you bring up
google..?

If you notice that a person is deceiving you, they must not be
deceiving you very well.