Re: make rss from search results

__/ [ Fikkie ] on Tuesday 29 August 2006 12:00 \__

> Hello,
>
> I want to make xml's of my search results like msn does.
>
> Anyone some tips?

How do you generate your search result?. Any system that is used for this?
For what it's worth, Google and Yahoo deliver search results for news as
RSS, but abstain from doing this for regular searches (bandwidth and abuse
probably being the main concern). There are third-party services, however,
that scrape Google results pages and deliver them as well. You could also
check for changes by getting plain HTML, but it's merely a workaround.
Anyway, what it boils down to is: what is it that gives search results
output? By modifying the output format, you can make it XML (RSS).
WordPress, for example, has this capability built in. It uses the MySQL
search function to slice through the data for matches, which is probably not
the ideal type of search to perform...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: ~70% of organisms are bacteria
Tasks: 129 total,   1 running, 125 sleeping,   0 stopped,   3 zombie