Re: Fallacy: Nobody Gets Fired for Using Microsoft

__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Tuesday 29 August 2006 07:28 \__

http://blog.lobby4linux.com/index.php?/archives/83-No-One-Ever-Got-Fired-For-Using-Microsoft.-Yes-They-Did..html

> The guy has talent as a writer (in contrast to many bloggers).  I'll be
> interested to read the next episode.  What do you suppose the BSA fine
> would be for 76 pirated copies of Windows?

Ken Starks (AKA hellius) has become quite popular and he was recently hitting
some because of cancer problems. He is a relatively poor person (willfully)
who dedicated his life to free software,and he sough donations for his
health, reaching the OSS community. I enjoyed reading some of his old essays
where he described how he converted entire Windows clusters (troubled due to
viruses) into PCLinuxOS, which looks similar to Windows XP. The users's
wouldn't notice... it was all volunteer work.

Your question is probably rhetorical in a sense.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | UNIX: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste