Re: [News] Unlocking DRM Not in Microsoft's Agenda

begin  oe_protect.scr
> An Open Letter to Microsoft - Why you shouldn't kill FairUse4WM
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| We know that you're already probably working to fix the, um, hole that's
>| been discovered in Windows DRM 10/11, but we're going to ask you this
>| anyway: please don't stop consumers from using FairUse4WM to remove copy
>| protection from music they've downloaded.
> `----
>
> http://www.engadget.com/2006/08/27/an-open-letter-to-microsoft-why-you-shouldnt-kill-fairuse4wm/
>
> That's another platform lockin. I don't know if iTunes still has tools for
> stripping off DRM. If not, it discourages competition and should be
> discussed under the terms of fair trade and antitrust laws (already the case
> in Europe, Apple being the victim).

True.  I don't think MS care much about what their customers think,
they're still working an effective monopoly here, so they'll be keeping
content owners happy.

If you notice that a person is deceiving you, they must not be
deceiving you very well.