[News] Unlocking DRM Not in Microsoft's Agenda

An Open Letter to Microsoft - Why you shouldn't kill FairUse4WM

,----[ Quote ]
| We know that you're already probably working to fix the, um, hole that's
| been discovered in Windows DRM 10/11, but we're going to ask you this
| anyway: please don't stop consumers from using FairUse4WM to remove copy
| protection from music they've downloaded.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2006/08/27/an-open-letter-to-microsoft-why-you-shouldnt-kill-fairuse4wm/

That's another platform lockin. I don't know if iTunes still has tools for
stripping off DRM. If not, it discourages competition and should be
discussed under the terms of fair trade and antitrust laws (already the case
in Europe, Apple being the victim).